CTC Travel Pte Ltd (“CTC Travel”) value the Personal Information (defined below) that you share with us. This document, hereby known as “Data Protection Policy” contains the purpose of the collection, use, disclosure, and the management of these information provided by you. The Personal Information CTC Travel uses will be in line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 as our commitment to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We may combine your Personal Information with other information for the purposes of providing products and services to you, or to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
Any interaction, submission of information, use of travel services and purchase of travel packages and related products, as well as signing up for any marketing material offered by us (including the services and subscription to CTC Travel Club), you agree and consent to CTC Travel (including its suppliers and/or agents) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves the contents of your Personal Information, and disclosing such Personal Information to CTC Travel's authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent you may have previously provided to CTC Travel with respect to the contents of your Personal Information, and your consents herein are additional to any rights reserved by CTC Travel may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information.
CTC Travel reserves all rights to make changes and updates to the Data Protection Policy so that it is consistent with future developments to meet the industry trends, standards, and/or protocols, and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements without any prior notice. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the existing Data Protection Policy. CTC Travel will be waived from any liability sustained by any individual who has given prior consent to us in accordance to the Data Protection Policy.
1. Personal Information Acquisition
A. In General
We may collect, use, disclose, transfer and store any information you enter on our website or give us through various means, including telephone calls, emails, enquiries or bookings at our respective Travel Centres, SMS, fax, post, and any platforms (including, but not limited to, digital platforms such as social media, e-forms, and platforms employed by CTC Travel Club) used by CTC Travel from time to time (collectively the "Platforms"). The information which we collect includes information that can identify you ("Personal Data"), including, but not limited to, your name, contact numbers, NRIC/FIN, passport number, postal and email addresses, contact preferences, and, if you make a reservation with us, your credit card information. We may also request you to provide us with information on your travel preferences, the loyalty, frequent flyer and/or car rental programmes which you participate in, and feedback, testimonials, photographs and videos of the tour(s) which you booked with us (together with the Personal Data collectively referred to as the "Personal Information"). You are not required to provide the Personal Information if we request it, and if you choose not to provide the requested Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing certain products or services to you.
B. Personal Information Relating To Another Person
When you make a reservation with us on behalf of a travel companion or another person, we will request for the Personal Information of that individual. You should obtain the consent of such other individuals prior to providing their Personal Information to us. Any request to view or change their Personal Information provided in relation to the reservation which you have made can only be made through you or your account with us.
C. Surveys and Contests
We may request Personal Information relating to you through surveys or contests which we conduct from time to time on various Platforms. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice as to whether or not to provide the Personal Information we have requested through the survey or contest. However, if you decide not to provide Personal Information in mandatory fields, you may be prevented from fully participating in surveys or be denied from candidacy in certain contests. Personal Information collected through surveys will be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services and future activities. Personal Information collected through contests will be used to notify winners and award prizes.
D. Call Monitoring
Your telephone calls with us may be recorded or monitored for the purposes of quality control and staff training. The call recordings will be retained by us for as long as reasonably necessary and will then be deleted. Any Personal Information obtained from you during the call will be treated in accordance with the provisions of this Data Protection Policy.
E. Loyalty/ Rewards Programme
CTC Travel Club (“Club”) is a rewards programme where Members (“Members”) can redeem their accrued points for various rewards. The registration of the Club requires interested individuals to submit essential Personal Data in order for them to be considered a Member. You may be automatically registered when you book any tour package. For more information, please refer to the Club’s Terms & Conditions here. The Club holds activities and events from time to time, which may require Members to submit relevant Personal Data for various actions (participation, RSVP, rewards redemption, etc.) applicable to the activity or event. In the event of surveys and contests, please see the Surveys and Contests section.
Transactions made by any individual below the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian’s consent. Subscription to the newsletter and Club registration is suitable for anyone of any age. However, we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors from any of our Platforms. Participation in contests or activities that contain monetary rewards or any form of transaction are restricted to participants who are 18 and above at the time of contest or activity.
2. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
A. In General
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services you request;
- to provide you with travel confirmation, updates, and news;
- to manage your account and transactions, including processing bills and providing travel notifications;
- to communicate with you in general;
- to respond to your queries and feedbacks;
- to allow us to contact you for customer service, if necessary;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website;
- to notify you about special offers and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to customise your experience on our website;
- to reward you as part of any reward and recognition programme you choose to join;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems;
- to maintain our internal record keeping;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions when you make a travel booking with us; and
- as otherwise notified to you at the point of collection.
B. Credit Card Information
We use your credit card information for the purpose of completing the travel bookings or any travel-related transactions which you make with us.
C. Direct Marketing
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities with us. One way we do this is by sending marketing messages to you through email, SMS, fax or post that contain information about your travel-related interests and special offers which are available with us. In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise. Please note that you can withdraw your consent for us to send marketing messages to you. Please refer to the Opt-in and Opt-out Policy section of this Data Protection Policy which sets out how you may set your preferences in relation to such marketing messages.
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties, some of whom may be located overseas, and a result, may require us to transfer your Personal Information overseas:
- Third Party Suppliers such as hotel, airline, car rental and activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations with us. Please note that these third party suppliers may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you in order to facilitate the travel reservation which you have made through us.
- Third Party Vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contest programmes and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Platforms, or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Business Partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. If you choose to receive information about these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those third party partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services.
We will only disclose your Personal Information with your consent (whether implied or express), and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of CTC Travel.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, spin-off or other corporate reorganisation of CTC Travel.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
3. Opt-in and Opt-Out Policy
You may subscribe to our newsletter register to be a Club member at your discretion. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respect your decision to opt-out of receiving marketing materials and information, and by doing so, you understand and accept that this may affect the quality of services rendered to you and that there will be limitations on the services you may use.
4. Terms Specific to Our Website
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until the expiry date set, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end each user session, when the web browser is closed.
We use Google Analytics to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and that allows us to be able to generate content you enjoy reading or watching.
We also use the Google AdWords code which enables us to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget to reach more of you who may like our content and/or products.
In addition to the above cookies, we use local shared objects, also referred to as flash cookies, on our website. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local shared objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
You understand that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customise your user experience. Our website may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve website performance. We may also allow our third-party vendors to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our website. This helps us to measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
B. Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or websites owned or operated by third parties who offer travel-related products and services which do not operate under this Data Protection Policy. If you decide to use those links to leave our site, note that these third party websites contain their own privacy policies and practices and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of websites owned or operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements of such third party websites to understand how they handle any information which they collect from you and contact its owner or operator if you have any questions or concerns about the third party website. Upon leaving our site, it is not our duty to ensure the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
5. Terms Specific To Mobile Phone Devices
A. In General
When you use a mobile device (whether iOS or Android) to access our mobile application or our website, we will collect, use, disclose, transfer and store Personal Information relating to you in the same way and for the same purposes as when you use a computer to access our website. We also collect, use, disclose, transfer and store the following additional information from your use of a mobile device to access our website, or our mobile application, in order to optimise our mobile application and website to minimise data usage:
- Use of Mobile Device to Access Website We collection information on the areas of our website which you access through your mobile device, which allows us to refine the arrangement of our website content for compatibility with mobile devices. This information is collected anonymously and we cannot identify you from this.
6. Contacting Us
A. Withdrawal of Consent, Access, and Correction of Personal Data
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Personal Information which we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information. If you find that any Personal Information which we hold about you is incorrect, please notify us immediately.
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact CTC Travel as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in: CTC Travel
133 New Bridge Road
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to CTC Travel on your behalf.